My role as an investment advisor goes beyond providing advice and building financial plans. An integral part of my job lies in my commitment and responsibility to my clients, which involves the experience my clients have in working with our firm. Our clients are our number one priority and our code of ethics (which is borrowed from the Accredited Investment Fiduciary® code of ethics) shows a few ways we strive to provide one of the highest level of service to our clients and allow them to expect the following:
To My Clients
- Employ and provide the client information on the Prudent Practices when serving as an investment fiduciary and/or advising other investment fiduciaries.
- Act with honesty and integrity and avoid conflicts of interest, real or perceived.
- Ensure the timely and understandable disclosure of relevant information that is accurate, complete, and objective.
- Be responsible when determining the value of my services and my form of compensation; taking into consideration the time, skill, experience, and special circumstances involved in providing my services.
- Know the limits of my expertise, and refer my clients to colleagues and/or other professionals in connection with issues beyond my knowledge and skills.
- Respect the confidentiality of information acquired in the course of my work, and not disclose such information to others, except when authorized or otherwise legally obligated to do so. I will not use confidential information acquired in the course of my work for my personal advantage.
- Not exploit any relationship or responsibility that has been entrusted to me.
To My Community
- Proactively promote and be a steward of ethical behavior as a responsible partner among my peers in the work environment and in my community.
- Ensure that the overall promotion of my practice is implemented in the best interests of my profession.
- Seek, accept, and offer honest criticism of technical work; acknowledge and correct errors; and properly credit the contributions of others.
- Use corporate assets and resources employed or entrusted to me in a responsible manner.
- Continue to improve my knowledge and skills, share ideas and information with colleagues, and assist them in their professional development.
At DeLong & Brower, we do things differently. We look out for our clients and offer the highest level of service. If you are not already a client of DeLong & Brower and this is something you are looking for in a financial advisor, we encourage you to reach out to us today at 616-396-0500 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joel Johnson, AIF® is an Investment Advisor Representative with DeLong & Brower, P. C., a Holland, Michigan accounting, retirement consulting, insurance, and financial services firm. He specializes in providing comprehensive wealth management and retirement plan consulting for individuals, families, retirees, and business owners. Along with more than 15 years of industry experience, Joel is an Accredited Investment Fiduciary®, a Chartered Federal Employee Benefit Consultant, and a Certified Business Adviser/Consultant through Crown Business and Crown Financial Ministry. To learn more, visit www.cpaholland.com.